The description of the SuperFetch service indicates that it is responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of the system after a certain time has elapsed since its start.. The developers themselves, what are Microsoft, do not give any exact information about the operation of this tool. In Windows 10, Additionally, the service is enabled and is actively running in the background. Detect the most frequently used programs, puts them in a special section and preloads them into RAM. Then, We suggest that you read about other SuperFetch actions and determine if you need to disable it.
Read also: What is Superfetch in Windows 7?
The role of the SuperFetch service in the Windows operating system 10
If the Windows operating system 10 is installed on a computer with higher specs or at least average, then SuperFetch will only have a positive effect on the performance of the whole system and will never cause crashes or other problems. Despite this, if you have weak hardware, when this service is in active mode, you will encounter the following difficulties:
- SuperFetch constantly occupies a certain amount of RAM and CPU resources, which interferes with the normal functioning of other more necessary programs and services;
- Even though the operation of this tool is based on the load of software in the RAM, but they are absolutely not placed there, so the system will remain overloaded when they are opened, and there may be slowdowns;
- A full boot of the operating system will take a long time because SuperFetch transfers a large amount of information from the internal drive to RAM each time.;
- Data preload is not necessary when the operating system is installed on an SSD, since it is fast enough that the service in question is inefficient;
- When running demanding programs or games, RAM may run out due to the SuperFetch tool taking up space for its own needs, and downloading and uploading new data places an even greater burden on the hardware.
What to do if SVCHost loads the CPU 100%
Problem solving: Explorer.exe loads the CPU
Disable the SuperFetch service
Previously, learned about the difficulties faced by Windows users 10 when the SuperFetch service is active. Therefore, many people may have doubts about disabling this tool. Of course, it is feasible to disable this service without any hassle and it will not cause any harm to the PC, but you should only do it when you have started to notice high hard disk load problems, fast performance and lack of RAM. There are several alternatives to disable the tool in question.
Windows 10, like previous versions, has a special menu called “Services”.where you can see and manage all the tools. SuperFetch is also present, which can be deactivated as follows:
- Open the menu “Start”. and in the respective line, writes “Services”.and then run the classic app you found.
- In the list that appears, locate the desired service and double click the left mouse button to go to the properties.
- Low. “Condition”. click on “To”. and “Start type”. Please select “Disabled”..
- Make sure to apply the changes before exiting.
It only remains to restart the computer so that all executable processes are stopped permanently and the tool stops loading the operating system. If this option does not suit you for any reason, We suggest you pay attention to the following.
Method 2: Registry Editor
Additionally you can disable the SuperFetch service in Windows 10 editing the registry, despite this, this procedure causes difficulties for some users. For this, We suggest you use our following guide, that will help you avoid difficulties in the task:
- Press the key combination Win + Rto run the utility “To run”.. There, enter the command
regeditand click “AGREE”..
- Follow the path below. You can paste it in the address bar to get to the desired branch faster.
- Look for the parameter “EnableSuperfetch” and double click the left mouse button.
- Set the value to “0”to deactivate the function.
- Changes will only take effect after restarting the computer.
Today, we have done our best to explain the purpose of SuperFetch in Windows 10 in as much detail as possible, and we also show two alternatives to deactivate it. We hope that all instructions given have been clear and that you have no further questions on the subject.
How to correct the error “Explorer is not responding” in Windows 10
How to fix Windows startup error 10 after upgrade
We are glad we were able to help you with the problem..
Our specialists will try to respond as soon as possible.