On Database management system (SGBD) o DGBA (Database Management System) It is a set of programs not visible that manage and manage information which contains a database Database managers or data managers make it possible to manage all accesses to the database since they have the objective of serving as an interface between it, the user and the applications.
What is data manager?
The data manager is a software system invisible to the end user, composed of a data definition language, a language of manipulation and consultation., that can work on different levels.
Its functions include allowing business users to store information, modify data and access the company's knowledge assets. The database manager also handles queries and analysis to generate reports. One of the best known is the PHPMyAdmin database manager, which is the one that is usually used in marketing departments when it comes to instalar WordPress.
At the same time, the DBMS can be understood as a collection of interrelated data, structured and organized. within the ecosystem made up of that set of programs that access them and facilitate their administration.
opposite the previous file and data management system, that it should be remembered that it is a set of programs that define and work on their own data; access to data is independent of the programs that manage them. this feature, in practice, It is a very important advantage when it comes to large volumes of information.
What do database administrators enable??
Simply, could be simplified by saying that the database administrator controls any operations executed by the user against the database. In order to develop this function, it is often necessary to use specific tools, such as search and reporting systems, as well as different applications.
in addition, database administrators make it possible:
- The database definition at different levels of abstraction.
- Database manipulation, guaranteeing its security as well as its integrity and consistency.
- That interactions with any managed database can always be performed separately from the programs or applications that manage them, so no need to modify, if changes need to be made.
What types of database managers are there??
When it comes to the database administrator, It should be noted that there is no single model.. In reality, regarding your typology, They are usually grouped according to different criteria., as the following:
- Based on criteria related to data model, we would find that there are relational DBMS, network, hierarchical or object-oriented.
- Depending on the property, there would be proprietary and non-proprietary database administrators.
- Based on other items: can be categorized according to Number of users (for this case we would talk about unique and distributed users) or depending on the operation sites, then Centralized database administrators and distributed database administrators can be found..
The key functions of database administrators
Many of the functions of database administrators are contained in the brief definition made. As we have pointed out, a DBMS enables us to establish the data, as well as manipulate, apply security and integrity measures and recover or restore them after some type of failure occurs.
There are numerous advantages of having one of these managers, when it comes to build and set database for different applications, since it facilitates the processes and also its maintenance. Among other functions, help to make Behaviour as important as data definition, keeping your integrity, its driving and the control relevant aspects such as security and privacy.
Assuming a new paragraph with respect to file management system, The development of database managers is due to the fundamental objective of correcting the disadvantages of that, providing efficiency and security when extracting or storing information in databases.
Between the The main functions that can be attributed to database administrators include the following seven:
- Contribute to the creation of more efficient and consistent databases.
- Determine system storage structures.
- Make it easy to search for data of any type and origin for business users.
- Help preserve the integrity of company information assets.
- Introduce changes in the information, when required.
- Simplify consultation processes.
- Control the movements that are observed in the database.
a data manager, definitely, provides a number of services and languages for creating, database configuration and manipulation., as well as support mechanisms. Companies that are supported by one of these database managers can also store a description of these languages in a data dictionary.., while ensuring its maintenance, providing controlled access to it.
Image source: ddpvumba / FreeDigitalPhotos.net