Method 1: delete account
The most common mistake “Requires action with account”. Google occurs on Android devices due to complete account deletion, which in turn has been linked to the smartphone. This is due to the fact that deactivating the profile, even if completed successfully, phone applications and in particular Google Services continue with unsuccessful synchronization attempts, often blocking new account linking and many other features. from the platform. To solve the problem, all you have to do is perform the restore procedure and then remove it properly.
Despite the possibility of deleting your account, Google provides the means to restore it, which you can use on the official website by activating the browser on your PC or phone. To do this, you will need to obtain your profile data, including passwords and SMS code. You can find more details about recovery in a separate instruction on the site.
More information: How to recover a deleted Google account
Once the account is restored and reactivated on the mobile device in the system application “Settings”. should show an account with the option to log out. Complete this task by following one of the instructions below and link a new master profile if desired.
How to sign out of your Google account on your phone
How to log out of your Google account on Xiaomi
Separately, note that as an alternative, for instance, if the account does not appear in “Google” On your smartphone, you can use your account settings to force a disconnect. This approach may not be available in certain circumstances, but still worth a try.
More information: How to remove your device from your Google account
Method 2: Google service settings
Even after completely disabling the Google account on the device and replacing it with a new one, the error “Requires action with account” specification of an outdated profile may still occur. As a solution, you must perform the Google Play Services app activity data cleanup.
Clear cache in Google Play Market
How to clear the application activity data on the phone
- Go to system “Settings”.expand section “Applications”. and select. “Google Play services”. from the general software list. Depending on the version of the operating system and the firmware version, exact steps may vary slightly.
- Once on the program options page, use option “Delete data” O “Clean the vault.”before touching the block if necessary “Vault”. O “Management of places”.. This action will require confirmation and a little time to execute, after which the data will be deleted.
What's more, you can restart your smartphone using one of the available methods. But nevertheless, even without this, the error is likely to go away.
Read more: How to restart your Android device
Method 3: restore settings
The most complete solution, relevant only to the error associated with the first two methods, is to completely clean the device by restoring factory settings. This is quite capable of helping, as it will remove the used credentials from the phone, but any other information will also be removed. To make sure you don't make a mistake during the reboot process, be sure to read the following instructions.
Read more: How to restart your Android device
Please note that in all other cases not related to Google account anchoring, this method will not produce any results and can be ignored.
Method 4: turn off notifications
If there are no actual limitations due to the error in question, you can try to get rid of the notification as a nuisance by turning off notifications from Google Services. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee this method will work, since most of the time the problems arise precisely due to the deactivated account.
Read also: How to disable notifications on your phone
- Open the system “Settings”.expand subsection “Appendices”. and select. “Google Play services”.. As before, the location and name of some items may partially vary.
- On the program page, uncheck “Notifications”. below the title bar. In case of absence of the specified item, go to a separate section “Notifications”. and activate the option “Block everything”..
- Recent versions of Android allow you to disable software alerts through the “Notifications”. in the page “Appendices”.. To do this, open the specified screen, expand the list of “Show all apps”.…Choose. “Google Play services” and move the slider to the left “Enable notifications.”.
This will prevent the program from sending alerts, including an error message.
Method 5: password setting
If the error in question occurs in the main account of the device when using the G Suite features, the problem may be due to incorrect settings in “Administration console”.. Therefore, you need to use the google admin website to disable the special function.
Official Google Admin website
- Follow the link above and log into your Google account with an individual domain. Display the main menu in the upper left corner of the page to continue.
Through this list, must navigate to “Devices”. – you have to click on the exact line “Devices”.not by dropdown elements.
- In the left column of the page. “Device management”. find unity “Mobile”. and use the link “Password setting”..
- Expand subsection “Rules about passwords” and next to the paragraph “Password setting”. uncheck the box. “Require users to set passwords”.
This action must be confirmed with the button “Keep”. on the bottom panel.
If the parameter change is successful, you will receive a corresponding notification and an error “Account action required”. will disappear.
As an alternative to the solution presented, it is quite possible to set a password on a smartphone that meets the requirements specified in “Administration console”.. This should also make the notification disappear.
Read more: How to set a password on your Android device
We are glad we were able to help you with the problem..
Our specialists will try to respond as soon as possible.