How to Download Genuine Windows ISO Images 10 from previous versions with the Media Creation Tool
The official way to download Windows 10 – Installation Media Creation Tool (MCT) from the Microsoft web portal allows you to easily download the original Windows ISO images 10 of the latest version at the time of download, more about this in the First method of How to Download Windows Instructions 10 x64 and 32 bits. Despite this, in some cases, you may need an older version of the image and it is not always easy to get.
This instruction covers how to use the Media Creation Tool to download the versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, 1909, 2004 Windows 10 ISO y, If you wish, 2009 (20H2), that, despite this, as of this writing, it can also be done simply using a utility downloaded manually from the official web portal.
Download any version of Windows 10 en Media Creation Tool
To download any version, even the oldest, de la ISO de Windows 10 using the official media creation tool, follow these simple steps:
- Download the Windows version selection bat file 10 from the official website of the developer https://git.io/MediaCreationTool.bat (ZIP download option at the top right, or you can get the code from the file below on the page or in pastebin.com/bBw0Avc4 and manually create a BAT file) and unzip it.
- Run the downloaded BAT MediaCreationTool.bat file. When SmartScreen is on, click on “Details” and then in “Run anyway”.
- Select the correct version of Windows 10 to download.
- The utility will automatically download the correct version of MediaCreationTool.exe from Microsoft's servers and run it with the correct parameters (if you manually run an older version of MCT, will not allow you to download an older version of the operating system image, but instead, it will ask you to update it).
- The next steps to download the original Windows ISO image 10 will be the usual ones for the MCT utility – if you don't know exactly how to use it, see the link that appears in the first paragraph of this post – detailed there and shown in a video.
In my test, everything works well, downloads are successful, images are available in russian and in correct bit size: x64 o x86 (32 bits).
Please note that when you download the image, the section “Launching” will offer you a more extensive selection of Windows editions 10 that when you use the media creation tool manually, as an example, the Enterprise version of the system is also present here.