Despite all its advantages in terms of the quality of the hardware and the assembly components used, as well as the innovations in the MIUI software response, smartphones made by Xiaomi may require their user to update or restore them. The official and perhaps the easiest way to update Xiaomi devices is to use the manufacturer's proprietary program.: MiFlash.
Xiaomi smartphone flashing by means of MiFlash
Even a new Xiaomi smartphone may not satisfy its owner due to an inappropriate version of the MIUI firmware installed by the manufacturer or the seller.. For this case, need to change software using MiFlash, which is the most correct and safe way. All you have to do is strictly follow the instructions and know the preparation procedures and the procedure itself.
Important: All actions with the device through the MiFlash program carry potential dangers, even when problems are unlikely. The user performs all the manipulations described below at his own risk and responsibility and is responsible for the possible negative consequences derived from them..
The following examples use one of the most popular Xiaomi models: the redmi smartphone 3 with bootloader NOT unlocked. It is important to note that the official firmware installation procedure through MiFlash is generally the same for all brand devices that focus on Qualcomm processors. (almost all modern models, with some exceptions). Therefore, The following can be applied when installing the software on a wide range of Xiaomi models.
Before continuing with the firmware procedure, some manipulations must be done, primarily associated with obtaining and preparing firmware files, and device and PC pairing.
Installation of MiFlash and drivers
Since the flashing method considered is official, the MiFlash application can be obtained from the device manufacturer's web portal.
- Download the latest version of the program from the official web portal using the link in the review post:
- MiFlash installation. The installation procedure is absolutely standard and does not cause any problems.
and follow the installer's instructions.
- Drivers for Xiaomi devices are installed together with the application. In case of any problem with the drivers, you can use the instructions from the post:
Lesson: Installing drivers for Android firmware
To install the Xiaomi smartphone system software via MiFlash, you will need a special fastboot firmware. These solutions are files in format * .tgzThe links to download them are “hidden” in the depths of Xiaomi web resources. Since the beginning of 2020, there is no page that provides access to firmware download by model on the manufacturer's web portal, but the link to the required firmware package can be easily found on the official Mi Community forum and other dedicated resources. to work with the phone system software. An example demonstrating the achievement of Fastboot firmware:
- Click on the link below that opens the topic. “MIUI stable ROM download link collection” In the My Community forum.
Open the Xiaomi Mi Community web portal
- Going through the device model table, we find the one that characterizes the device that needs to be recharged.
- Click on the one next to the mark. “Fastboot”. Address.
- After clicking on the link, tgz package download starts automatically. You may need to specify the location on your PC drive where the file will be placed, if the default location to save downloaded files is not specified in your browser.
Once the download is complete, the firmware must be unzipped with any available archiver in a separate folder. A normal WinRar archiver is suitable for this purpose.
Read also: Unzip archives with WinRAR
How to switch the device to download mode
To flash via MiFlash, the device must be in a special mode: “Descargar”.
In reality, there are several alternatives to switch to the correct mode to install the software. Let's consider the standard method recommended by the manufacturer.
- Turn off the smartphone. If the shutdown is done through the Android menu, after the screen turns off, must wait for others 15-30 seconds to make sure the device is fully powered off.
- With the device turned off, hold the button “Volume +”and subsequently, while holding it down, press the “Can”..
- When the logo appears on the screen “ME”and release the key. “Can”.and the button “Volume +” Press and hold until a menu screen appears with a selection of startup modes.
- Press the button “descargar”. The smartphone screen will turn off and the smartphone will stop displaying vital signs. This is a normal situation that you should not worry about, the smartphone is already in “Descargar”.
- To check if the pairing mode of smartphone and PC is correct, You can verify “Device administrator”. Windows. After connecting the smartphone to “Descargar”. to USB port in section “Ports (COM y LPT)” Device Manager should appear “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (WITH **)”.
Flashing procedure through MiFlash
Then, preparatory procedures are done, let's move on to writing data to the memory partitions of the smartphone.
- Start MiFlash and press thebutton.. “To choose”. to tell the program the path that contains the firmware files.
- In the window that appears, select the folder with the unzipped firmware and click “OKEY”..
- Connect a smartphone configured in the appropriate mode to the USB port and press the program button “to update”. This button is used to identify the connected device in MiFlash.
- At the bottom of the window there is a switch for firmware mode, select the desired:
- “clear all” – Intermittent with previously cleaned user data partitions. It is considered ideal, but erase all the information from the smartphone;
- “Save user data”. – flashing with user data storage. This mode saves the information in the memory of the smartphone, but it does not insure the user against future software failures. In general, is applicable to install updates;
- “Clean everything and close” – totally wipe the memory partitions of the smartphone and lock the bootloader. In essence, return device to state “of manufactures”.
- You are now ready to start the procedure of writing data to the device memory.. Press the button “flash”.
- Watch the progress bar fill up. The procedure can take between 10 Y 15 minutes.
- The blink is considered complete when the spine “Get out” qualification. “success” on a green background.
Unplug the smartphone from the USB port and turn it on with a long press of the key “Can”.. Press and hold the power button until the logo appears. “ME” on the device screen. The first start-up takes a long time, You have to be patient.
Warning. Specify the path of the folder that contains the subfolder “Images”resulting from unzipping the file * .tgz.
It is very important for the success of the procedure that the device is correctly detected in the program. You can check it by consulting the rubric post “device”. The following should appear there “WITH **”where ** is the port number on which the device is discovered.
While data is being written to the memory partitions of the device, the device should not be disconnected from the USB port and the hardware buttons should not be pressed on the device. These actions can cause damage to the device.
This is how the flashing of Xiaomi c smartphones using a MiFlash program generally remarkably. It should be noted that the tool considered makes it possible in several cases not only to update the official Xiaomi software device, but also provides an effective way to restore even seemingly totally disabled devices.
We are glad we were able to help you fix the problem..
Our specialists will try to respond as soon as possible.