Of all currently available translation services, Google's is the most popular and at the same time the highest quality, since it offers a large number of functions and is compatible with any language in the world. Despite this, sometimes it is necessary to translate a text from an image, what in one way or another can be done on any platform. In the instruction we will describe all aspects of this procedure.
Translate by image in the Google Translate search engine
We are going to see two options to translate the text of the images, both through a web service on the PC and through the official application on the Android device. Here we must consider, the second option is the simplest and most versatile.
Read also: Online text-to-image translation
Method 1: web portal
The Google Translate web portal does not currently offer a default text translation option for images.. To perform this procedure, you will need to resort not only to the specified resource, but also to some additional services for text accreditation.
Paso 1: retrieve text
- Prepare in advance an image with the text to be translated. Make sure the content is as clear as possible for the most accurate result.
- Then, you must use a special program to recognize the text in a photo.
Read more: text accreditation software
As an alternative and even more convenient alternative, you can use online services with similar capabilities. As an example, one of these resources is IMG2TXT.
Read also: Online Photo Scanner
- On the service site, click on the download area or drag and drop an image with text.
Select the language of the content you want to translate and click “Descargar”..
- Subsequently, the text from the image will appear on the page. Please carefully compare it with the original and, if required, correct mistakes made throughout accreditation.
Then select and copy the content of the text box by pressing the key combination “CTRL + C”. You can also use the button “Copy result”..
Paso 2: translate the text
- Open Google Translate using the link below and select the corresponding languages in the top bar.
Go to the Google Translate web portal
- In the text box, paste the previously copied text with the shortcut key “CTRL + V”. If required, confirm the automatic correction of errors taking into account the linguistic rules.
Whatever the case, the desired text in the preselected language will appear in the right window.
The only significant disadvantage of the method is the relatively imprecise crediting of text from low-quality images.. Despite this, if you use a high resolution photo, there will be no translation problems.
Method 2: mobile app
Unlike the web portal, the Google Translate mobile application allows you to translate texts from images without the need for any additional software, using smartphone camera. To perform the procedure described, your device must have a camera of average quality or better. Opposite case, the function will not be available.
Go to Google Translate in the Google Play search engine
- Open the page through the link provided and download. Thereafter, you must start the application.
At the first start-up, can make adjustments, as an example, disabling “Offline translation”..
- Change the translation languages to match the text. You can do it through the upper bar of the application.
- Now, below the text input field, click on the icon with the title “Camera”.. Your device's camera image will appear on the screen.
To get the final result, just point the camera at the text to translate.
- If you need to translate the text of a previously taken photo, touch the icon “to import”. on the bottom panel while the camera is on.
On your device, browse and select the desired graphic file. Then, the text will be translated into the specified language similar to the previous version.
We hope you were able to achieve the result, since the instructions for this app end here. Meanwhile, don't forget to explore the Android translator features on your own.
We have reviewed all the available alternatives to translate text in image files with Google Translate. In both variants, the procedure is quite simple and, therefore, problems only happen occasionally. In this circumstance, as well as for other questions, contact us in the comments.
We are glad we were able to help you with your problem..
Our specialists will try to respond as soon as possible.