On any operating system, and Windows 10 is no exception, at the same time of the visible software, there are several services running in the background. Most of them are truly necessary, but there are also some that are not important or even useless for the user. The latter can be disabled. Today we are going to tell you how and with what specific components this can be done.
Disable services in Windows 10
Before you start to disable certain services that work in the operating system environment, You need to understand why you are doing it and whether you are willing to bear the potential consequences and / or solve them. Then, if your goal is to get better performance or avoid crashes, no illusions: the profit, Yes, there is, it's subtle. However, it would be better to use the recommendations provided in the respective post on our web portal.
More information: How to improve computer performance in Windows 10
For our part, We fundamentally don't suggest disabling any system services and certainly shouldn't be done by beginners and inexperienced users who don't know how to fix Windows performance issues 10. Only if you are aware of the potential risk and are aware of it. of their actions, you can proceed to browse the next list. We will start by explaining how to run the plugin. “Services”. and disable the component that seems or really is unnecessary.
- Summons the window “To run”.pressing “WIN + R” on the keyboard and enter the following command on your line:
press “AGREE”. O “ENTEROKAY” to run it.
- Once you have found the required service in the list provided, or rather the one that has ceased to be, double click on it with the left mouse button.
- In the dialog box that appears, in the drop-down list “Start type”. select the post. “Disabled”.and then press the button. “To”.and after that. “Request”. and “AGREE”. to confirm the changes.
Is essential: If you have mistakenly deactivated and stopped a service whose operation is necessary for the system or for you personally, or its deactivation has caused problems, you can activate this component in the same way as in the previous case: just choose the “Start type”. (“Automatic”. O “Manual”.), Click the button “To run”.and later confirm the changes made.
Services that can be deactivated
Here is a list of services that can be disabled without affecting the stability and proper functioning of Windows 10 Y / or some of its components. Make sure to read the description of each post to see if you benefit from the functionality it offers..
- Dmwappushservice – WAP push message routing service, one of the so-called Microsoft trace items.
- NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service – If you are not watching stereoscopic 3D video on your PC or laptop with an NVIDIA graphics adapter, you can safely disable this service.
- Superfetch – can be disabled if an SSD is used as the system drive.
- Windows biometric service – It is in charge of collecting, compare, process and store biometric data about the user and applications. Only works on devices with fingerprint scanners and other biometric sensors, so it may be disabled in others.
- Computer browser – can be disabled if your PC or laptop is the only device on the network, In other words, if you are not connected to your home network and / or other computers.
- Secondary login – if you are the only user in the system and there are no other accounts in the system, this service can be disabled.
- Print manager – Should only be disabled if not just a physical printer is used, but also a virtual printer, In other words, if electronic documents are not exported to PDF format.
- Internet connection sharing (ICS) – If you are not giving Wi-Fi from your PC or laptop, and you don't need to connect to it from other devices to share data, the service can be deactivated.
- Work folders – offers the opportunity to configure access to data within the corporate network. If you are not part of one, you can disable it.
- Servicio de red Xbox Live – If you don't play the Xbox and Windows versions of the games for that console, the service may be disabled.
- Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service – It is a virtual machine integrated in the commercial versions of Windows. If you don't use it, you can safely disable both this service and the following that we have marked “Hyper-V” or that designation is in your name.
- Geolocation service – the name speaks for itself, with the help of this service the system tracks your location. If you find it unnecessary, you can disable it, but remember that even the standard application “Time” it won't work properly after that.
- Sensor data service – It is responsible for processing and storing the information obtained by the system from the sensors installed in the computer. These are essentially trivial statistics that are not of interest to the average user..
- Sensor service – in the same way as the previous point, can be deactivated.
- Service ending as a guest – Hyper-V.
- Client Licensing Service (ClipSVC) – After disabling this service, it is feasible that the applications integrated in the Windows Microsoft Store 10 not work properly, so be careful.
- AllJoyn Router Service – A data transfer protocol that the average user probably won't need.
- Sensor surveillance service – In the same way as the sensor and data service, can be disabled without damaging the operating system.
- Data exchange service – Hyper-V.
- Net.TCP Port Sharing Service – offers the option of sharing TCP ports. If you don't need it, you can disable the function.
- Bluetooth support service – It can only be deactivated if Bluetooth compatible devices are not used and it is not planned to do so.
- Pulse service – Hyper-V.
- Hyper-V virtual machine session service.
- Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service.
- BitLocker Disk Encryption Service – If you are not using this Windows function, you can deactivate it.
- Remote log – Opens the opportunity for remote access to the registry and can be useful to a system administrator, but the average user doesn't need it.
- Application credentials. – Identify previously blocked apps. If you don't use AppLocker, you can safely disable this service.
- Fax – it is highly unlikely that you are using a fax, so you can safely disable the service needed to make it work.
- Functionality for connected users and telemetry – It is one of the many services of “follow-up” in Windows 10, so deactivating it will not have negative consequences.
We finished here. If at the same time from the background services, He is also concerned about how allegedly Microsoft is actively tracking Windows users 10, We suggest that you additionally read the following materials.
Disable spying in Windows 10
Programs to disable spying in Windows 10
As a final reminder: don't mindlessly disable all windows services 10 that we have presented. Do it only with those you really do not need and whose purpose is more than clear to you.
Read also: Disabling unnecessary services in Windows
We are glad we were able to help you with the problem..
Our specialists will try to respond as soon as possible.