And, while using the Windows operating system 7, get a notification that the sound device is disabled or not working, should take care of fixing the problem. There are several alternatives to solve it, since the reasons are different. All you have to do is find the correct one and follow the instructions given below..
Solve the problem “Sound device disabled” in Windows 7
Before you start looking for repair methods, We strongly suggest that you make sure that the connected headphones or speakers work properly and on another computer, as an example. Our other posts in the links below will help you know how to connect your audio hardware..
Connect the wireless headphones to the computer
Connecting and setting up the speakers on the computer
Connect the wireless speakers to the laptop
At the same time, you may have accidentally or intentionally disabled the device on the system itself, what caused it not to appear or not work. To reactivate it, proceed as follows:
- Go to menu “Control Panel” through “Starts”..
- Choose a category “Sound”..
- In the tab. “Reproduction” right click on the blank space and select the checkbox “Show disabled devices”.
- Then select the equipment that shows the PCM and activate it by pressing the respective button.
These actions are not always effective, so you have to resort to other more complicated ways to solve it. Let's analyze them in more detail.
Method 1: enable windows audio service
A special system service is responsible for reproducing and working with the audio equipment. Whether manual startup is disabled or only configured, various problems can occur, including the one at hand. Therefore, The first thing to do is check if this option is activated. The way to do it is next:
- V “Control Panel”. choose section “Management”..
- A list of various parameters will open. Must open “Services”..
- In the local services table, I searched “Windows Audio” and double click the left mouse button to open the properties menu.
- Make sure startup type is selected “Automatic”.and that the service is working. When making changes, remember to save them before exiting by clicking “Request”..
After these steps, it is recommended to reconnect the device to the computer and check if the mapping problem has been resolved.
Method 2: update drivers
Playback devices will only work properly if the correct drivers for the sound card have been installed. Sometimes various errors occur during its installation, that can cause the problem in question. We suggest you consult Method 2. from the post in the following link. There you will find detailed instructions on how to reinstall the drivers.
Read more: Installing sound devices in Windows 7
Method 3: problem solving
The above are two effective methods to correct the error “Audio device disabled”. Despite this, in some cases, do not give any results and it is difficult to find the source of the problem manually. For this case, better go to Windows built-in Troubleshooting Center 7 and run an automatic scan. This is done as follows:
- To run “Control Panel”. and find there “Problem resolution”..
- Here is a section that interests you. “Equipment and sound”. Start the scan first “Troubleshooting audio playback”.
- To start the diagnosis, click on “Next”..
- Wait for the procedure to complete and run the instructions displayed.
- If the error is not detected, we suggest you run the diagnostic “Device configuration”.
- Follow the instructions that appear in the window.
This system tool should help detect and fix playback device problems. If this option is still ineffective, you can try the following.
Method 4: virus cleaning
If all the recommendations detailed above are not effective, the only thing that remains is to verify that your computer does not have malicious threats that may have caused damage to system files or that are blocking the operation of certain processes. Scan and remove viruses through any convenient method. Detailed guidelines on this can be found in the material at the link below.
More information: Fight against computer viruses
This leads our post to its logical conclusion. Today we talked about the software methods to fix the error “Sound device disabled” in Windows 7. If they haven't helped, We suggest you contact a service center to diagnose the sound card and other connected equipment.
We are glad we were able to help you with your problem..
Our specialists will try to respond as soon as possible.